Mobile ID Resources
GET Group NA’s mobile identity solution provides a high-assurance ID on a user’s mobile device, helping combat identity fraud with a more convenient, secure and instant alternative to traditional physical ID documents. GET Mobile ID utilizes formidable data encryption algorithms and communication security measures to reduce identity theft and the consequences thereof.
The International Organization of Standardization (ISO) 18013-5 will specify the technical and interoperability requirements for Mobile Drivers Licenses (mDL). ISO 18013–5 standard is in Committee Draft phase as is expected to be published in 2020. The current draft document is available from links embedded in this cover letter. The current standard supports data exchange for attended online and offline use cases. All are encouraged to implement, and you may inquire about GET ISO SDK.
American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA)
AAMVA Mobile Driver's License (mDL) Site
- AAMVA Mobile Driver's License (mDL) Resources and Documentation
A collection of news and resources released to Issuing Authorities as guidance for permitting mobile driver's license (mDL) for your citizens or implementing an mobile driver's license (mDL) program
- Mobile Driver License (mDL) Implementation Guidelines (April 2019), Starting with ISO/IEC 18013-5 CD2 as a basis, the Mobile Driver License (mDL) Implementation Guidelines document provides guidance on pursuing a mobile driver’s license (mDL) solution
- Mobile Driver's License Functional Needs Whitepaper
The "Mobile Driver's License Functional Needs Whitepaper" presents the current understanding of the Card Design Standards Committee and the eID Working Group, of the conceptual framework and functional requirements associated with a “driver license on a cellphone”, or mobile driver license (mDL). It also explores ancillary topics stakeholders may want to consider in connection with mobile driver's license (mDL)
AAMVA Mobile Driver's License (mDL) videos
Industry Articles and Papers
- The New Mobile Driver Licenses — How to Use ISO 18013–5, by David Kelts, Director of Product Development, Mobile Identity, GET Group North America, com
- “Mobile ID for All: Interoperability and Privacy Preservation as Key Success Factors,” by Dr. Evangelos Sakkopoulos and Konstantin Papaxanthis
- ID document stakeholders call for digital identity standards as Mastercard and Samsung team up, Biometrics Update
- Upgrading your wallet: How soon can I get a digital driver's license?, USA Today
- The Public Safety Benefits of mDLs, efficientGov
- Maximizing security and compliance in the shift towards mobile ID, by Gerald Hubbard, Director of Business Development, GET Group North America, Security Document World
- UL Identity Management: Are you Ready to Issue? and mDL Interoperability.
- Roger Clarke’s Identity Terminology Page, an older but accurate draft of terminology used in the online identity space.
- The Seven Foundational Principles of Privacy By Design, by Dr. Ann Cavoukian, Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada
- Spotlight on GET Group NA by DIACC
- GET Mobile Driver’s License goes beyond the screen, by Secure ID News
- DIACC Industry Insights: Digital ID in Commerce in DIACC Industry Insights / Slider
- Secure Technology Alliance Announces New Initiative to Advance Adoption of Mobile Driver’s Licenses
- GET Group North America Announces Beta Program to Enable Retailers to Accept New Mobile IDs for Faster and More Secure Transactions, January 13, 2020
- GET Group North America Announces GET Mobile Administrator for Issuance of 18013-5- Compliant Mobile Driver’s Licenses and ID Cards, August 15, 2019
- GET Group North America Announces Near-field Communication (NFC) Support on iOS for mDL and Mobile ID Transactions at Point of Sale, July 15, 2019
- Mobile Identity Industry Veteran Joins GET Group North America to Advance Development of ISO 18013-5-compliant Mobile Driver's License Technology, June 4, 2019
- GET Group North America Announces Support for International Draft Standard for Mobile Driver’s License (mDL), April 25, 2019
- Former Delaware DMV Director joins GET Group North America, August 15, 2018
- GET Group North America Launches Digital Identity Solution, October 10, 2017
Global Identity Interoperability Initiatives
Mobile Identities will need to have the legal and policy backing of government and law in order to be effectively used wherever regulation exists – for example, age-based purchases. In each continent around the globe, governments or public-private partnerships are forging the rules of identity and the operating environment in which all parties can trust transactions.
- Digital Identity and Authentication Council of Canada: http://diacc.ca/
- Digital Transformation Agency of Australia is publishing a Trusted Digital Identity Framework and a Digital Transformation Strategy
- eIDAS is Europe’s framework for interoperability of identity online and in-person
- Kantara Initiative’s Identity Assurance Framework for US and Federal certification of ID
- The US Identity Ecosystem Steering Group that is now part of Kantara